Saturday 24 October 2009

Chilling !!!

Well there have been a few things going on over here in my bubble!!

1. Other half handed in his sample on Wednesday to the new fertlity place who will be looking after our care - not after we had a bit of a niggle earlier that week, as he went out and got blotto after the football - the very week we had to hand a test in !! Turns out he may not be coping as good with all of this as I had thought. He hates his job, and although has completed his degree, still has no job with money that reflects his qualifications. He is feeing a wee bitty awkward about the whole treatment/sample things. He doesnt complain, and he isnt depressed, I think he is just struggling with a brick wall at every turn ! The fact that I get tons of overtime in my work to help pay for the wedding and he gets nothing from his place isnt helping.

2. My bridesmaid is going to be 7 months pregnant at my wedding. My bridesmaid is my only sister, she is 22 and the dress for the wedding is hanging in the wardrobe - eeek !
She is super early at only 6 weeks and we havent told many people, I know its safe here as no one I know face to face reads this. Im ecstatic now that the news has settled in - it was unplanned and we were all shocked to say the least...but now I cant wait. I need to take the little madam out and buy her a whole new dress, various sizes bigger than she is just now !! We call her little blob 'nemo', well I did. lol.... she had an early scan due to cramping on one side, all seems fine.

3. We have our first follow up appointment with the consultants at the Roy.al in Glasg.ow on 10th Novemeber, so im looking forward to getting this show on the road.

4. Im 11lbs lighter than I was at the start of the year !
5. Im now brunette instead of Blonde

I think thats you all updated !

Wedding plans are coming along nicely, the material for the chair bows has been bought, i have began designing my invites and i have bought in most of the retro style sweets that im using as favours. I had my first fitting last week and the dress fits perfect apart for the length ( im a bit of a short ass).

So I think thats enough for me to be getting on with just now. Its all happening so quickly and this time next year I will be married 6 months, and I hope to be pregnant !! Fingers crossed !. xx

3 comments:

Secret D said...

Sounds like things are happening with you.

Great news on the weight loss, that is such an achievement.

Men are funny creatures when it comes to infertility. Because they don't say a lot you think they are coping but the lack of conversation tends to mean that they aren't. It took years for my husband to come to terms with our infertility and there are still days when he is in denial.

Secret D said...

P.S. You have been awarded - visit my blog for details (I hope you haven't already received it)

Liz said...

You sound incredibly organised, and well done on the weight loss.