Monday 25 January 2010

Consent - Done......Bloods - Done ......Me - Done !!

I cant explain this feeling ........I feel deflated ....totally deflated !

We had our appointment today at GRI ... (ICSI Clinic). It went well. We both got our bloods done - HIV, Hep B, Hep C and i got my hormone levels checked. As a nurse i am a teeny bit worried i may have 'picked something up' in the hospital. I havent ever given it much thought until im being tested, but lately we have had a stream if IVDA's, and most lately Anthrax patients due to drug abuse. Its a stark reminder of what we deal with !!
We signed our Consents and are good to go pending our results which we go back for in 2 weeks.

We asked today about df's sperm test results from last time we were there as we had never been given that information - <1million/ml with only occasional motile sperm seen. This doesnt sound good, it doesnt sound good at all. Now we knew this, hence the reason we are on the ICSI pathway but up until now we hadnt been told about the motility part. I now worry that this will be a big dampener on the success of our ICSI.
Will it put us at a disadvantage ?
How many is occasional ??
What if i get 8 eggs but they only get 3 or 4 sperm ??

Golly, its caused me a bit of a headache today !!.....and now im worrying.

I dont have time to worry, I have a wedding in 9 weeks - MY wedding, MY honeymoon and im leaving this to deal with when i get home. They will offer me to start during next months cycle but im going to hang fire till i get home from honeymoon !!
The internal examination and high vag swabs have left me a tad achy and irritable tonight !! tut.


oh and while im ranting why wont blogger let me reply on other peoples blogs ?? xx xx

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's sooooo stressful! You're right to concentrate on your wedding and honeymoon right now...those things are so much more fun. There is so much success with ICSI...we didn't do it, but they only recovered 9 eggs from my ovaries and thankfully it worked out. The testing and the waiting is the worst...enjoy your happy times!

LuckyOnce said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so down right now. :(

I think you have the right idea about focusing on your wedding right now. You need some GOOD stuff in your life to think about. Enjoy these next few weeks. You can never get them back, and they can be some of the best times of your life. So exciting!!!

Secret D said...

Your wedding and the IVF seems to have come round so quickly - where did that time go?

Enjoy the lead up to your wedding and worry about the sperm/IVF when you get back from your honeymoon. I know that it is easier said than done but you don't want to look back at this time and have it dampened by your concerns regarding IVF.

It's so exciting. Will we get to see some pictures?