Thursday 18 June 2009

IVF should be banned !!!!

Can you believe I heard these very words today ....... from the mouth of a consultant anaesthetist. !!!!!!
There I was standing in theatre with a junior anaesthetist chatting about where her next post was going to be, which just happens to be where my treatment will take place next year. She was chatting away about the workload there due to having to also cover the Assisted Conception Unit. Just at that Mr Dick-for-a-Brain makes the statement 'IVF should be banned', he continued on (oh yes there is more).....You shouldnt mess with mother nature, if you cant fall pregnant naturally then she is trying to tell you something...your not meant to be a mother !!!!! he continued......most of these kids are born with problems and the labours are terrible !!!

I could not believe it ...I was stunned into silence....I walked away, and then the tears came, big massive tears falling down my cheeks, due to shock and rage. How dare he say that. He has 3 kids of which he has obviously had no problem conceiving. His facts are also terribly inaccurate.
I refrained from poking him with large bore cannula's for the rest of the morning. What an ass !!

4 comments:

Caz said...

Sod the canula, He'd be walking like John Wayne through the ward with a drip stand up his arse if it were me.
Sorry you had to hear such an arsehole say these words mate. Being a professional in the medical world you'd of thought he'd use his loaf but alas, we are surrounded by fools eh?
Try not to let him get to you too much. xxxx

LuckyOnce said...

I'm not sure that I could have kept my mouth shut. I think I might have told him my story and let him be terribly uncomfortable and try to back-peddle. Why should YOU have to be the one crying in the other room? Bastard.

Donnamarie x said...

Thanks ladies.
I wish I had beaten the shit out of him. He always seemed like a nice guy. I wish now I had said about the situation im in, I would like to inform him that one of his colleagues CAUSED our situation, with a botch surgery that has left us in this predicament !!
Ass Holes !!

Secret D said...

What an arse!