Sunday 7 June 2009

Would you believe it !!!!!!!!!!


Ok, so my uncles have bought a pub and have asked a few of the family to work in it, Its totally family run and I think its going to be great for bringing us all closer together.

However ................ Im going to have to deal with situations like this................

A girl I know approached the bar last night, I had served her a few times previous but it was really busy last night and I didnt have time to chat. She asked me if we had a drink that she liked but we hadnt yet bought in, so she asked me to reccomend something. I love Stiffys and Lemonade, I know its supposed to be a shot but its lovely as a long drink, I offered her this and told her it was nice and refreshing.....'Just what im looking for' she said. Its what came next that stunned me .......she said......'Ever since ive been pregnant I just cant tolerate my drink !!!!!!! 'everything is coming back on me'.........Holy Fuck. She then took a step back so I could see her from behind the bar and sure as God is my witness, there it was.. an 8 month pregnant belly. '4 weeks to go she says, not long till i get back to drinking my normal, this (the drink I just bloody reccomended) will do for now'. !!

I was shocked and stunned, she had been in and drinking for hours, but it was so busy I never noticed a pregnant tummy in the room. I dont think I actually said a word..Im still in shock.

Why??.... So selfish.

Tut..

xx

5 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

#1: Sorry, but that drink looks yummy.

#2: WTF? I once had a friend who was 8 months along invite me out to have a beer with her after a tough day at work. I gave her 'the look'. She replied, "What? One beer won't hurt anything!"

Uh, yeah, but I'm not sitting in a bar with you...sorry.

People are stupid.

Caz said...

One word for that woman: Moron. You know me chick, I'd of grabbed the refusal of service sign and given her her marching orders!
I agree with Murgdan though, the drink looks scrumptious.
xxxx

just me said...

Some people just don't get it. A baby is a blessing, not something to take for granted.

But I have to agree - the drink does sound yummy!! :-)

Liz said...

She knew it was alcoholic right? Incredible.

Sarah said...

I would have grabbed the drink out of her hand and refused to server her.