Saturday 29 May 2010

We've only just begunnnn (how many of you are singing the carpenters to that line.

Written 28th May 2010.

We are currently undergoing our first cycle of ICSI for Male Factor Infertility. My new husband had undescended testes as a baby and the stoopid ass doctors decided to wait until he was 5 before they operated on him, and when they did, they stitched his little chooks down causing trauma. We now have a very low sperm count and hence the need for ICSI. So now you know. Im a brand new 30 year old...and hubby will be 29 this year.
Our treatment started on May 9th 2010 and i am currently successfully down regged and 1 day into the Stimming process - how fun. Down Regging for me was okay, i was very tired and a bit headachy, had some flushes and a severe dry mouth....nearer the end of the down regging i felt like i had a short fuse much to my families amusement, im the chilled out one in the family, but the overwhelming urge to ram people with my trolley in asda or bounce a 4 pack of andrex quilted of their noggins when they just stand and chat in the middle of the aisles was almost unbearable.
I gave myself my first injection yesterday, ..... im a nurse so that part should have been easy. Its kinda different when your jagging yourself....i lost count of the times i went...1-2-3- go...and then didnt. 10 minutes i sat doing this until i finally decided the drug was going to be out of date and of no use to me if i didnt just get my ass in gear.
So its the holiday weekend and hubby is off to Magaluf till Wednesday for his friends Stag Party and i get to chill here and relax and inject myself daily, and not drink, and probably not sleep and cook for 1 (oh how i hate cooking for one) and tak my vitamins - jealous ? me? Never !!
So thats my Journal started. Lets see if i can keep it updated !. xx

1 comment:

LuckyOnce said...

Good luck!! Sounds like you're doing great so far. :) (Throwing things at people might make you feel better. I think you should try it!)