Friday 5 December 2008

Perks of the Job !!

Im a nurse for anyone who doesnt know ! There arent many perks to our job, but one of the ones we do have are faster appt times IF you know the right people..
I work in Theatre/Recovery, so i get to know all the surgeons from all the specialities and all the anaesthetists - they are the dudes who have the ability to knock u off to sleep with one syringe of white 'milk' !! I love them - they are my fave...
Well after my dodgy cycle this month the fabby Mr Gynae man told me he was going to get me scanned....bearing in mind i saw him a week ago today, without an appointment and before his surgery started, and its usually 16 weeks referral from GP to Mr Gynae man meeting.....well..... got a letter in yesterday and my scan is a week on Monday !! How frikin fast is that !! well chuffed..

DF is having to have a shoulder op (Bankharts procedure - for those in the know) agony.. yes !!....He was having it done in another hospital local to us, but when i mentioned to one of the surgeons i work with, he asked if he could see him 2 weeks ago for a consult and now he has a date for surgery at my place.....on the 30th of this month !!!! Now thats service for you - Good old NHS !!
Like i say we dont get many perks - but if ur sick its a gr8 place to work!!
Next SA tests due in on tuesday !! Pray hard for lots and lots of swimmers !!!!.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Monday? That's great! Hopefully you can start to get some answers.

Caz said...

Hey chick,

Aww that age old saying.. it's not what you know....

Good luck at the scan. I'm sure nothing is wrong.. I think we were both just having an off month.

Hope D's Shoulder op goes well.. and that he's not in too much pain on new years eve!

Speak soon x x x x

Donnamarie x said...

Thanks ladies....
Rebecca its a week on Monday, i think thats the 15th, so hopefully get some news !!
Caz, did it get u full throttle then....im just loggin on ill read ur blog for updates !, x x x x