Tuesday 10 March 2009

Eugh !


I have laryngitis !! what a pisser....i feel bloody rotten !

I have no voice, well a bit of a squeak but thats it. Lucky for me the ENT guys at work had a look at me today (perk of being a nurse) and they got me started on some antibiotics quick smart, and recommended complete voice rest - those boys know nothing about me at all !

I am trying to preject what voice i have so much that im making myself dizzy and sweating like a lunatic. So now im trying to be good and not talk. I eventually came away from work at 4ish feeling exhausted.


In fertility related news, one of the girls on another ward is going through what we are going through - i have just found out. She is a good bit further on than me and has just had her 3rd failed icsi attempt, that kinda frightened the life out of me !! I have tried to be so positive up until now, but this makes me realise how easy it is to be left with no children at all...it will be nice though to chat to this girl about her experiences and find out more about the process.

Im trying to visualise a nice baby bump, and people rubbing my baby bump and talking to it, im trying to imagine the lead up to maternity leave and the excitement of finding out if its a girl or a boy ..im trying to visualise 2 lines on a pregnancy test other than the false positive i got before christmas - it was a cracker of a bfp let me tell you. I want my mum and davies mum to be buying secret stashes of baby clothes and blankets.....i must stay positive, this is going to work for us - it has too !
xx

2 comments:

Liz said...

At least you can still type! Hope you feel better soon.

Secret D said...

Positivity is a good thing, try and hold on to it. Hope you are feeling better soon.