Sunday 29 March 2009

You should TOTALLY know better !!


Last night I was out at a hen party ! It was great fun and my feet are killing me, my ankles are skint from a dance off competition involving pole dancing (dont ask) and im shattered !!

Anyway, I got too hot last night and i popped off outside for some air, followed by a smoker, Lovely lady she was, praising my hair and my eyes and my teeth (she was blinded by alcohol)and my 'hot boyfriend' (her words - she had saw him earlier in the evening)- then she asked what age I was.....28 was the reply....and have you got any kids she asked.......i answered NO not yet (as nicely as i could)...well then it started ......


Her - oh you dont want to leave it too late ... you dont want to be putting your kids out to school at 40, i mean thats just wayyyyyyyyy to old !!
Me - (nervous laugh) hehe ok !

Her - i mean im not telling you what to do or anything but you really need to get a move on....

Me - **eyeing up her cigarette ready to stab her in the eye**

Her - I had mine at 28, and i needed IVF to have mine ......


I couldnt believe it, she has been through this, the pain , the secrecy, the awkward questions.....has she not learned, she should totally know better......

and so she went on .......


Her - Im just so lucky it worked for me ....(draws on the fag)......it only works for 1 in 4 couples you know, and well there were 3 other couples doing it at the same time....(draws on the fag again) so i guess we were the lucky ones (draws on the fag) ...hardest thing I have ever had to go through.

Me - ** No shit lady, shut the fuck up. (in reality I sat quietly in shock)


I was saved not long after by another smoker who changed the topic - thank the Lord !

20 minutes later she appeared up to me, someone had jump on her toe and ripped the nail off - it was literally hanging by a thread (it wasnt me - i swear).


In all honesty she was really nice, but has obviously not learned that there are just some things you dont keep going on about, I know my experince so far has taught me that I wont persistantly ask anyone about their child plans, you just dont know whats going on in someones life.

On a positive note I lost 3.5 lbs this week ! yay, xx

No comments: